Combat Systems Engineer
US-District of Columbia–Washington
IWS 8.0 is responsible for all Combat Systems contained on Littoral Combat Ship (LCS). The IWS 8.0 FF PAPM is the IWS 8.0 liaison to PMS 515 LCS Frigate Program Office / combat system programmatics and engineering. The IWS FF PAPM requires an experienced combat system engineer to directly support these activities, which include the following:
- Conduct engineering & programmatic trade studies on combat system candidates, which may include relevant sensors, weapons, battle management, and C4I systems associated with LCS threat kill chains.
- Conduct performance assessments of combat systems.
- Collect metrics and analyze combat systems under various operational conditions.
- Interface with system engineers / SMEs within both Navy field activities, and contractor organizations.
- Develop, review and augment combat system test plans, and participate in planning for associated test activity.
- Review / analyze all manner of ship and combat system test data and interface with review boards as required.
- Perform broad range of systems engineering activities on Naval Surface Combatants and related combat systems.
- Support internal & external system interoperability activities for ship’s C4I systems.
- Develop required technical & logistical awareness to meet in-service life cycle demands.
- Perform relevant analysis to meet applicable technical and logistics requirements
- Work cohesively with military and civilian internal & external personnel to meet demand signals and work all action items to closure.
- College graduate.
- 5-7 Years relevant experience
- Experience with Navy ACAT I programs
- Demonstrated understanding of system engineering principals & processes wrt/ managing end-to-end mission systems’ functions & interfaces.
- Demonstrated experience managing or supporting technical integration efforts; the desired candidate will be able to manage projects from both the engineering and programmatic perspectives, coordinate with industry & government stakeholders, and balance potentially competing priorities to ensure project success.
- Ability to obtain a security clearance.
The successful candidate will possess a ‘can-do’ attitude, be a team player, have good customer skills, and be willing and helpful.
Resumes may be submitted online to: email@example.com